Guy Krueger is a Core Instructor and the Writing 101 Curriculum Chair in the Department of Writing and Rhetoric. His research focuses on basic writing theory and praxis at institutions across America. Additionally, he is interested in assessment of and placement in first-year composition (FYC) courses. Krueger has been at the University of Mississippi since 2010.
ABD – English with a concentration in Rhetoric and Composition – Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
M.A. – English with a concentration in Rhetoric and Composition – Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
B.S. – Journalism – University of Florida
– Basic/Developmental Writing theory and practice.
– Using interactive forums in writing courses.
– Assessment and placement in composition courses.
– Identifying error patterns in writing and strategizing methods for amelioration.
– Examining social implications in the undergraduate writing classroom.
– Writing Center theory and practice.
– Integrating new media and other technology into writing classrooms.