Director: Brad Campbell
Graduate Writing Center
Director: Claire Mischker
Director: Jeanine Rauch
Director: Rachel Johnson
The University of Mississippi Writing Centers’ mission is to provide supportive environments for student writers to participate in individual or group consultations regarding their writing and composition projects.
Our trained consultants work with UM students on projects in all disciplines at any stage of the composition process by offering free consultations in face-to-face or online appointments through our multiple campus locations. Our goal is to help students cultivate strategies to become effective writers.
Our Writing Centers welcome critical inquiry outside of the classroom; promote digital literacies and intellectual creativity; and develop and sustain community partnerships.
In pursuing our mission, the UM writing centers:
- offer a collaborative and student-centered environment
- promote diversity and inclusiveness
- foster individual and academic integrity
- support multiple genres of writing across the curriculum and in the disciplines
- partner with faculty to promote effective student writing and composition