The Department of Writing and Rhetoric is the home of the University of Mississippi’s First-Year Writing and Speech Communication programs, and the University Writing Centers. The department also administers the Writing Enriched Curriculum program and the Professional Writing minor.
- Out of the Office: Colleen Thorndike Presented at PCA about Using Infographics in the Composition Classroom
- 2014 Kramer Award Presented to Andrew Davis
- 2014 Krieser Award Presented to Kelsey Lock
- Out of the Office: Jennifer Jackson Presented at PCA About Using Horror Films to Understand Gender Theory
- Writing Center Tutors Are Founding Co-Chairs of Identity Across the Curriculum Conference