The Department of Writing and Rhetoric is the home of the University of Mississippi’s First-Year Writing and Speech Communication programs, the B.A. in Rhetoric, the UM Writing Centers, and the UM Speaking Center . The department also administers the Writing Enriched Curriculum program, the Minor in Professional Writing, and the Minor in Digital Media Studies.
In 2020, the Department became the institutional home of the Willie Morris Awards for Southern Writing.
- Willie Morris Awards move to DWR
- DWR Online Faculty present at the Global Society of Online Literacy Educators virtual conference
- DWR co-sponsors upcoming interdisciplinary conference on comics and graphic novels across the humanities
- Alexander Heffner, PBS Host, to Visit University of Mississippi
- Writing center directors visit Hernando Middle School students