Spch 305 introduces small group theories and develops practices of group development, team growth, skills assessment, group communication dynamics, and conflict resolution. Students address crisis management issues with collaborative communication skills in various organizational and cultural settings via research, written statements, and live presentations.
• WRIT 102 or LIBA 102 (or ENGL 102 or HON 102)
• SPCH 102 or SPCH 105
By the end of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Adapt messages to the appropriate context and audience employing best practices of group and organizational communication.
- Engage in ethical team behavior and cultural awareness in professional communication.
- Exhibit leadership and motivational skills while working in collaboration with others.
- Adapt professional/collaborative communication for the current digital environment.
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork skills to respond and manage crises and overcome cultural barriers.
- Recognize/demonstrate behaviors which produce a positive collaboration climate.
- Reflect on collaboration experiences in peer and individual journals and assessments.