This course is an introduction to concepts, theories, and processes of interpersonal communication. Students will apply lessons about audience awareness and conflict prevention to improve their own interpersonal abilities in a variety of professional and academic settings.
• SPCH 102 or SPCH 105
By the end of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Identify and explain foundational communication concepts, processes and theories.
- Identify the role of self in interpersonal communication.
- Recognize and analyze contextual dimensions of interpersonal communications.
- Analyze and demonstrate competencies with interpersonal skills.
- Recognize interpersonal conflict and management styles.
- Conduct self-reflection and assessment of own communication behaviors.